Embedded Software Engineer
Reports to – Engineering Manager
Key relationships – Electronics Engineers & Product Manager
At Newson Gale software/electronic design has previously been carried out by outside consultants, but these core skills are now being brought in-house.
The Embedded Software Engineers role will be to design software that will achieve SIL2 assessment to work with new and existing Newson Gale products that are installed in hazardous areas
You will work closely with the Engineering team and hand-in-hand with the Electronics Engineer to design, develop and test products to ensure they meet the market requirements.
- Provide fully tested software code for new and existing products
- Create documents required for Functional Safety (SIL2) assessments
- Establish a profound understanding of the requirements of IEC 61508
- Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Low-level Embedded Software development programming in C/C++ languages
- Experience with Visual C or other visual programming languages
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M Microprocessors and Eclipse based programming environment
- Awareness or experience of MISRA C, AUTOSAR and IEC 61508 would be advantageous
- Knowledge of communication hardware and software protocols including: CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, RS485, Modbus RTU, USB, etc
In return the successful candidate will benefit from a competitive salary dependent on the level of experience, excellent bonus opportunities, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, company pension scheme, cover under our income protection and life assurance schemes, childcare voucher scheme and free onsite car parking.