Intrinsically Safe Hose Continuity Tester
The OhmGuard® electrical hose continuity tester is designed to test hoses used on vacuum trucks and tanker trucks prior to the transfer of flammable or combustible products.
The OhmGuard verifies that the electrical conductivity of the hose is functioning correctly, thereby ensuring static electricity is not permitted to accumulate on the metal components of the hose and eliminating the risk of a fire or explosion caused by the discharge of a static spark.
The OhmGuard is easy to operate, does not require any specialist driver training and will indicate, within seconds, if the hoses are safe to use. The driver simply connects the OhmGuard’s cable to a junction box situated on the truck and connects the OhmGuard clamp to the last hose coupling as illustrated. The green LED housed in the OhmGuard will pulse continuously if the hose has an electrical continuity of less than 100 ohms with the truck.
- Testing vacuum truck hoses prior to spill cleanup or material recovery operations.
- Testing bulk tanker truck hoses prior to the delivery of flammable products (e.g. solvents) to storage tank farms.
- General resistance testing of chemical and petrochemical compatible hoses.
- Electrical resistance testing of plant equipment.
- Spot testing of bonding assemblies and conductors in the field.
Proves the hoses have
good electrical continuity with the grounded truck.
One time test with visual
GO / NO GO indication.
Enables early detection of faults
without the need to wait for scheduled periodic testing.
Easy to operate
Drivers do not need specialist training.
Intrinsically Safe certification
for EX / HAZLOC requirements.
Lower cost than equivalent
EX / HAZLOC approved multimeters.
Robust Stainless Steel construction
and more robust than multimeters in the field.
Tungsten carbide teeth penetrate
any slurries or deposits caked onto the hose end fitting.
- Universal Resistance Tester.
- 32 ft. (10 m) or 50 ft. (15 m) Hytrel 2 core spiral cable.
Certification / Technical
Operating Temperature Range
-40°F to +140°F
-40°C to +60°C
Varta 6122 E-Block (Battery Included)